Mike moved to Delaware County when he was six years old. He attended Delaware City Schools and Ohio Wesleyan University. He entered the United States Navy in 1968 and was honorably discharged in 1971. After returning from the service, he graduated from Ohio Dominican University in 1974. He received a J.D. degree from Capital University Law School in 1979. He was admitted to practice in Ohio in 1980. He and his brother Dave founded Shade & Shade in 1980.
Mike and his wife, Margie, who is a retired Professor Emeritus at Ohio Wesleyan University, have two children and one granddaughter.
Mike served on Delaware City Council from 1981-1985 and 1989-1993, and as Mayor of Delaware from 1983-1985 and 1989-1993. He has also served on the boards of the Delaware Cultural Arts Center, the Delaware Chamber of Commerce, and St. Mary Parish. He was named Honor Citizen by the Delaware Area Chamber of Commerce in 1985.
Mike’s practice is primarily focused on representing residents and businesses in Delaware County in the areas of real estate, especially real estate development, annexations, and zoning; estate planning, administration of trusts and probate estates; and business and commercial law.
EDUCATION, BAR ADMISSION & Memberships
- Served in the United States Navy from 1968-1971
- B.A. from Ohio Dominican University in 1974
- J.D. from Capital University Law School in 1979
- Admitted to practice in Ohio in 1980
- Licensed by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio in 1981
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association